Throughout the conference there will be opportunities to meet in small groups or chat one-on-one with professionals.
GRADUATE STUDENT DIVERSITY ENHANCEMENT MENTOR/MENTEE LUNCHEON
NAPB Diversity Initiative Discussion Panel (Luncheon)
Hosted by: Juan M. Gonzalez
Date & Time: TBA (duration: 1 hr)
Through this discussion panel we will support our Diversity Scholars by addressing questions they may have about navigating a career in plant improvement. Additionally, this will be a space for an open and respectful conversation about the unique challenges minorities in plant improvement careers face. This event is also a networking opportunity toward connecting our Diversity Scholars to members of the greater NAPB community. The discussion panel will be composed of diversity mentors and other NAPB professional members interested in supporting this diversity initiative.
- Moderated by Juan M. Gonzalez.
- Diversity Scholars briefly introduce themselves and their professional goals
- Diversity scholars will have an opportunity to submit questions before hand and throughout the session
- Panel addresses questions with the help of the moderator
- Topics for discussion include:
-Advice on how to secure Diversity Scholar’s professional goals
-Private or public sector research
-Adapting to a new crop
-Advice on how to address challenges underrepresented minorities face in this field
- How has implicit (or explicit) bias affected your experience working in agribusiness?
- How have you addressed these challenges?
- Opportunities that Diversity Mentors may take advantage of
- Reflect on how our experiences as minorities can inform diversity initiatives moving forward at NAPB
|Registration Packages||Early Bird (through Jul 1)||Regular (Jul 1 through conference)|
*Become a member and save! becoming a member of NAPB, We encourage all conference attendees to become a member- you will enjoy all the benefits of being a NAPB member in addition to receiving the lower conference member rate. Annual memberships at $45 for students and $95 for professionals.
Registration packages include the following:
- Access to live speaker content beginning Monday August 15 until Thursday August 19
- Access to on-demand content during the conference and for two weeks after the conference
- Access to networking rooms, chat rooms, virtual posters and exhibit hall
CANCELLATION AND SUBSTITUTIONS POLICY
Refunds, minus a $50 administrative fee, can be made until July 15, 2021, after which refunds will not be issued as contracts with vendors will have been set. A $50 processing fee will be applied to all substitutions.
All requests must be made in writing via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. NAPB is not responsible for cancellation or substitution requests that are incomplete or are not received. Cancellation requests received before July 15, 2021 will receive a 100% refund on registration and event fees, minus the processing fee. No refunds will be granted after July 15, 2021.
Registrants who are no longer able to attend the meeting may request a substitution by submitting their request in writing via email to email@example.com. The substitute must be from the same organization. Substitutions will be accepted until July 31, 2021. Upon receipt, the original registration rate and any event tickets purchased will transfer to the new attendee. Substitution requests will not be accepted after July 31, 2021.
Partial refunds will be issued for those who registered under the previous rate.